Thursday, June 12, 2008

Of risks and dangers

I always knew that I was at risk but I thought I'd be able to reduce that risk by doing the right things. Time does somehow take its toll on you and over time the definition of what was right and what was not somehow got massaged. Today I am faced with a rather interesting predicament.

I've known for awhile now that I needed to raise my game in this area. I knew the risks were creeping up on me and there have been signs - some rather blaring - that I should act. Today as I listened to the words of one who is wiser, I realised that I am at greater risk that I had imagined. He spoke of 9 risks: 3 that you're pretty much stuck with and can't do a thing in the sane world to change and 6 others which you can influence. My non-scientific method of considering all risks equal tell me that I have a risk ratio of 5:9. 5:9! That's over half a chance. A toss of a coin really.

I think it's all about balance. What goes up must come down, no? So what goes in should ultimately go out. And in the right ratios too. Too bad for me, it hasn't been quite right for a little while now.

Time to change. My choices must change.

But knowing that even if I do, it might hit me. And it might all end.

No comments: